November 01, 2007

Neewollah

The party last night was...as they say...off the hookie?

It was great catching up with old friends, enjoying some craftily crafted costumes and the company of variety...saucy variety. The best costume goes to the claw machine. I met some new people too and had some edifying conversation with new and old friends outside around the warmth of yonder bonfire. Oh caveman, thank you for discovering fire. Tribute to God for the physics and chemistry, and tribute to man for banging rocks together. We are geniuses.

I was really considering staying home from the party because it was cold and it was a 40 minute drive and I could just sit around and be a lazy bum, which is easier, but I said to myself... "hell no. Get up and go!" Then this awesome phat beat started pumpin' through the ears of my mind and began flowin' through my veins and overtaking my very ability to be still. My legs started twitching and and convulsing to the rhythm of my heart...to the rhyme of this time...to the spontaneity of this soul. Groove on sweet love. Groove on.

Music at the house formed a sea of sardines bouncing in time on the weak floor beneath, setting the stage for mass jollification. Outside the scene was chill. Only can you be uplifted in the truth of Jesus Christ, and offered weed within the same few minutes, at a party such as this. The contrast is beautiful.

Toward the end of the night, two girls were trying to make it home, one completely plastered and the other sober, smaller and trying to hold her friend up as she knock-kneed her way down the walk. As they were coming up to some stairs and the intoxication victim was wobbling about like a dizzy ostrich, God smacked my conscience into action. I walked them back to their place, listening all the while to her mumblings of the evening's events that she won't remember when she wakes up. Helping people feels good, thanks God. I ran the 2.5 blocks back to the party to warm up before my motorbike drove me home.

It was my coldest ride yet, at 40 degrees (feeling like 38...feeling like 29). The ride was peaceful, stars shining a clear and familiar comfort overhead. I was reflecting on the people, the passion that some have, the silliness of others, and the beautiful combination that few are gifted with, then my thoughts rambled to Ecuador again, so longing for that time. I flipped on my brights after passing oncoming cars, a green sign came burring by, but I clearly read "Ecuador, next 4 exits." I was so happily confused. Dang Eudora! After awhile everything becomes numb and I start to worry whether I'll be able to grip the brakes hard enough. The mobility of my ankles even becomes restricted, which slows down shifting and back wheel braking. Upon entering the heated interior of my brother's home, my phalanges began to thaw. Thawing is painful...throbbing...livening. My knees stayed cold until I fell asleep.

No comments: